Fish and chips has been at the heart of the nation for generations. More than a meal, it is a British institution.
Over 80% of the UK ate fish & chips last year, yet we face a real problem. Rising costs for both consumers and chippies means that half of the chippies are at risk of closing in the next 24 months, according to Andrew Crook, president of the National Fish Friers Federation.
Because fish & chips wouldn’t be the same without Sarson’s, we created Sarson’s Fryday to support chippies up and down the country.
Together as a nation, we could support every chippy in the country, by visiting them just twice more a year. To encourage consumers to support their local chippy, Sarson’s will reimburse 50 meals every week this year. With just their receipt and a picture of their meal with Sarson’s, they can get their chippy meal on us.
Nice one, cheers.
Join #SarsonsFryday to win 1 of 50 FREE CHIPPY MEALS on Sarson’s every Friday. Simply SLOSH SARSON’S and…
- Buy your favourite chippy meal and slosh Sarson’s generously
- Keep your receipt & take a pic of your meal with a Sarson’s bottle or branded material
- Upload your picture and receipt at sarsonsfryday.co.uk
- See if you get your meal for free!
Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
1. The promoter is: Mizkan Euro Ltd. (company no. 08053234) (“Mizkan” or “Promoter”) whose registered office is at 2nd Floor, Building 10, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5XS.
Conditions and validity of participation in the promotion
2. The promotion is open to people who are residents in the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over, except:
- employees of Mizkan or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of Mizkan or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
3. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the promotion.
4. Purchase of a valid meal from a fish and chip shop or participating pub/restaurant in the UK (“Meal”) is necessary to enter the promotion. The list of Meals that are acceptable in this promotion is as follows:
- Fish & Chips
- Pie & Chips
- Scampi & Chips
- Sausage & Chips
- Chicken & Chips e.g. nuggets or other chicken products
- Burger & Chips
- Chips as a side dish
Where available, vegetarian/vegan versions of the above dishes will be accepted as Meals.
5. Internet access is required to participate in the promotion.
6. Only entries via SarsonsFryday.co.uk will be accepted.
7. A maximum of one entry will be accepted per email address per week. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
8. Entries automatically generated by a computer or otherwise will not be accepted.
9. Mizkan reserves all rights to disqualify any participant from the promotion for any violation of these terms and conditions, including any attempt to undermine the operation of the promotion, as well as any fraud, attempt at fraud, attempt at unfair participation or at Mizkan’s sole discretion, if it considers that your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the promotion. Mizkan’s decision as to any disqualification shall be final and no discussion will be entered into.
Principle and terms of the promotion
10. Promotion Period: Each promotion period (“Promotion Period(s)”) will begin at 12:00 noon on a Friday. The first Promotion Period will begin on Friday, 7 April 2023, and a new Promotion Period will begin each Friday thereafter, for a period of 46 weeks, up to and including the Promotion Period commencing on Friday, 23 February 2024. Mizkan reserves the right to extend the promotion by adding further Promotion Periods on Fridays thereafter.
11. During each Promotion Period, the promotion will be open for entries on SarsonsFryday.co.uk. Each Promotion Period will end automatically when 50 meals have been claimed, and no further entries will be accepted during that Promotion Period.
12. Mizkan cannot provide any guarantee as to how long each Promotion Period will last, since this is dependent on entry numbers, which will vary for each week.
13. Any unclaimed meals from each Promotion Period will not be carried over to the following Promotion Period. If less than 50 meals are claimed in a particular Promotion Period, any remaining meals will go unclaimed.
14. In order to enter, entrants must:
- Make a purchase of a valid Meal from EITHER a fish and chip shop OR a participating pub or restaurant in the UK on a Friday during one of the Promotion Periods;
- Snap a photograph of your purchased Meal, including EITHER a bottle or sachet of Sarson’s Malt Vinegar OR the promotional Sarson’s signage in the premises of the participating shop;
- Obtain a receipt with details of the Meal and price for each (as per sub-clause b above) for your purchase;
- Go to SarsonsFryday.co.uk, fill in the required information including your contact details and payment information, and upload your Meal photograph with Sarson’s AND receipt.
15. In order for entries to be valid, entrants must have filled in all required information including without limitation, a valid email address.
16. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for any reason not attributable to Mizkan, including if it does not meet any of the criteria listed above.
Announcement to the winner
17. Prizes: During each Promotion Period, there are up to 50 ‘free meal’ prizes to be given away, up to a maximum value of £11 per Meal. Drinks and sides are not included.
18. Mizkan will reimburse the first 50 Meals which are claimed in each weekly Promotion Period, so long as the conditions outlined in these Terms and Conditions have been met. Any claims which do not meet the conditions outlined in these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified.
19. The number of remaining Meals that can be claimed during the applicable Promotion Period, are shown on Sarsons.Fryday.co.uk. No entries will be accepted once 50 Meals are claimed for that Promotion Period.
20. Customers whose claims are disqualified will not be reimbursed for their Meals. Those Meals will not be reallocated to other entrants, and will go unclaimed.
21. Valid winners will be reimbursed for their Meals within 7 days of their claim being made and verified by the Promoter (“Claim Date”), using the payment details provided upon entry, and will receive a confirmation of the payment by email. Disqualified winners will receive an email which outlines the reason why their claim was invalid.
22. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
23. Receipts and photographs will be checked and verified, and payment will then be made to cover the cost of the Meals clearly shown on the receipt. The receipt must show that the purchase was made on a Friday during the relevant Promotion Period.
24. The prize is capped at a maximum value of £11 per Meal, and at a maximum number of four meals per winner. Any costs incurred by the winner over and above these limits will not be reimbursed.
25. When entering the promotion, entrants will be given a choice between receiving their reimbursement by cheque, by bank transfer or by PayPal.
- If an entrant chooses a cheque, they will need to confirm their full name and postal address by email.
- If an entrant chooses a bank transfer, they will need to confirm their account name, account number and sort code by email.
- If an entrant chooses PayPal, they will need to confirm the email address which is linked to their PayPal account.
26. Cheques will be sent by Second Class Delivery within 7 days of the Claim Date. Bank transfers and PayPal payments will be processed within 7 days of the Claim Date.
27. The Promoter will not be liable for non-delivery of rewards caused by the provision of incorrect information, postal disputes or other causes beyond its control.
28. Rewards/Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no alternative is offered.
29. It is the responsibility of the winner to supply the correct payment information required as per clause 23 above to claim the prize. The Promoter will not be liable for the non-delivery of the prize caused by the provision of incorrect information.
30. Cheques that are undelivered or returned to sender will be deemed unwanted and the prize will be forfeited. The prize will not be re-allocated.
31. Any entries which contain any abusive, inappropriate, offensive or obscene language or imagery will be disqualified. Examples of language/images considered to be inappropriate, offensive or obscene, include (but are not limited to): any message/image which contains (a) swearing; (b) comments or actions which appear to be discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature; (c) sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures; (d) promoting any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use; (e) any message that appears to be an advertisement or solicitation to buy; and (f) any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly relate to the Promoter’s competitor brands or that show any intention of promoting any brand other than the Promoter’s brand.
32. No responsibility can be taken for entries which are misdirected, lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted during delivery to or from the Promoter due to any computer malfunction, virus, bug, delay or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied to the Promoter by the claimant in the application.
33. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who writes to the address set out in Clause 1 above (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) for the latest Promotion Period, within one month after the Closing Date of the promotion.
Ownership of promotion entries and intellectual property rights
34. Mizkan does not claim any rights of ownership in your promotion entry.
35. Entrants will be given the option of permitting their photo to be used by Mizkan for marketing purposes when making the entry through SarsonsFryday.co.uk. This is optional and is not a condition of entry. If you agree to this, you permit Mizkan to make your entry available on its website and any other media (including but not limited to social media feeds), whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant Mizkan and its affiliates, a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
Limits of liability
36. Mizkan may not be held liable for any fact that is not attributable to it, in particular in the event of malfunctioning of telephone lines, malfunctions of the Internet network, failures of the participant's computer, any other problem linked to networks and means of communication (access providers, viruses, faulty and/or incompatible computer equipment in terms of hardware or software, etc.), or any other problem linked to the participant's devices. ) or in the event that the information provided by the participant is erroneous, incomplete or becomes unusable for a reason that is not attributable to Mizkan.
37. Mizkan may also not be held liable for the maintenance or any malfunctioning of the servers on which the promotion is hosted.
38. Insofar as is permitted by law, Mizkan, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Mizkan, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Protection of personal data
39. Mizkan will process the participants' personal data to the extent required to run the competition. For further information, please visit: https://www.sarsons.co.uk/fair-processing-notice.
40. There are no other prize alternatives available in whole or in part and for a non-cash prize, no cash alternatives except in the event of circumstances outside of its control, when the Promoter reserves the right to substitute similar alternatives of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
41. The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into. By participating in this promotion, entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms & conditions and are bound by them.
42. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
43. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winners and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw a prize entitlement or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
Governing law and jurisdiction
44. These terms and conditions will be governed by (i) where the participant is a resident in a country outside of England, the laws of that country; or (ii) if the participant is resident in England, English law.
45. Any disputes will be subject to (i) where the participant is a resident in a country outside of England, the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that country (ii) in other cases, the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.