- King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes
- Peanut oil
- Sarson’s Malt Vinegar
- Peel and cut King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes into 1/2cm batons then soak for two hours changing the water after an hour.
- Drain and pat dry with some kitchen paper. Heat peanut oil for deep-frying to 130º.
- Fry in batches for 3 minutes until golden brown, drain and allow to cool, then spread out on a baking sheet.
- Reheat oil to 180° and re-fry in batches for 3 minutes until golden.
- Drain, toss in paprika and serve hot with a dash of Sarson’s Malt Vinegar and a sprinkling of salt.