For the Malted Mango Chutney
- Peel the mango and remove the stone.
- Dice the flesh into small cubes, around 0.5cm. Combine the ingredients in a microwave safe jug or bowl. Cover the top with cling film. Microwave on full power for 5 minutes, stirring half way. Remove the cling film and leave to cool.
For the Quick Pickled Cauliflower
- Slice the cauliflower into thin sheets or cut in to very small florets. Lay in a shallow dish.
- Sprinkle over the sugar then pour over the malt vinegar. Leave to soak.
For the Kebab
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Knead with the hands until the mince holds together well. If the mix is too dry, add 1 tsp groundnut oil or 1 tsp flour if too wet.
- Preheat the grill to 200 degrees C.
- With wet hands to prevent sticking, form the mince into lengths on two metal skewers. The kebabs should be around 1 inch thick.
- Lay the skewered kebabs over a rack with a tray underneath to catch any liquid. Grill for 10 minutes, or until meat is cooked through and beginning to brown on the outside. Turn regularly to ensure even cooking throughout.
- If preparing ahead, kebab meat can be mixed and left in a sealed container in the fridge for 24 hours, ready to be cooked.
- Warm the naans according to packet instructions.
- Remove the kebabs from the skewers and lay in the naan.
- Layer in the chutney, pickled cauliflower, cucumber and tomato. Serve immediately.
In collaboration with
A Life of Geekery.