- To begin, pickle the pumpkin. Soak the diced pumpkin and pumpkin seeds in distilled pickling vinegar overnight.
- When ready to serve, heat the oil in a pan and add the fennel and mustard seeds. Once they start to crackle, add the pumpkin and pumpkin seeds and cook, tossing regularly, for a minute or so.
- Add the degi mirch powder, ginger and nigella seeds and cook for a couple of minutes. Check the seasoning and remove from the heat.
- To begin, prepare the lamb rack by cutting into individual chops. Clean up the bones using a small, sharp knife.
- Mix together all of the marinade ingredients and add to a bowl with the lamb chops, making sure the meat is completely covered and refrigerate for 6 hours to marinate.
- Grill the lamb under a very hot grill, in a chargrill pan or on a barbecue for 1 minute on each side.
- Sprinkle with the dried mint and serve with the pickled pumpkin and a side of rice.
In collaboration with Great British Chefs.