- 5 jalapeños
- 200ml of distilled malt vinegar
- 100ml of water
- 50g of sugar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of oregano
- 4 tiger prawns, large
- 300ml of fish stock
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 50ml of olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red chilli
- 1 handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp of sweetcorn kernels
- 1) To pickle the jalapeños, place the vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic and oregano in a pan and bring to the boil.
- 2) Pour the liquid over the jalapeños and seal the jar. Leave to pickle for 1 week.
- 3) To cook the prawns, poach in the stock for 3–4 minutes then leave to cool.
- 4) To make the avocado purée, blitz everything with a hand blender until smooth, adding a little water if necessary.
- 5) To plate, swipe the avocado purée across the plate. Slice each prawn into four pieces and toss in olive oil and lime juice. Slice the chilli and red onion and arrange over the plate.
- 6) Garnish with sweetcorn, coriander and jalapeños to serve.
In collaboration with Great British Chefs