To make the pickled red onion
- Put the onions and garlic in a sterilised Kilner® Jar and fully cover with vinegar.
- Replace the lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
To make the chilli bean bites
- Place the beans, curry powder, chilli powder, cheese, coriander, salt and pepper in a food processor and pulse until combined but still coarse.
- Tip into a bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs.
- Divide the mix into 12 equal pieces, roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Heat about 1cm of olive oil in a pan until very hot.
- Add the bites to the pan with a slotted spatula and fry for about a minute either side until golden. (If your pan is smaller, work in batches).
- Drain on kitchen towel.
- Fold each tortilla in half, then into thirds to create a pocket.
- Fill with salad, a little mayo and a dash of paprika, then place two bites in each pocket.
- Finish with some of the pickled onions.
In collaboration with
A Mummy Too.