- Half cucumbers lengthways and remove the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Slice cucumbers approx 3mm thick and place in a strainer.
- Toss with 3 tbsp of fine salt and let stand for 1 hour.
- Whilst cucumbers are salting, boil together the water, vinegar, salt, sugar and spices for 10 mins then take off the heat.
- Pat dry the cucumbers and add to sterilised Kilner® Jars, pouring over the hot pickle liquor.
- Sweat diced onion and garlic in butter until golden and softened.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan, Cook over a low heat for 10 mins then blend to a smooth consistency.
- Cover a 1.5kg pork shoulder in half the marinade and leave in fridge overnight. When ready to cook, place pork in a baking tray, 4. pour in 1 litre of water and cook at 140c for 6-8 hours. When tender, shred and mix in the remaining marinade.
In collaboration with Holy Toast.